RecipesThis is a really yummy meat free curry packed full of goodness. If your looking to get your kids to eat chickpeas then this is an amazing way to do it!
– 1 medium onion
– 2 cloves of chopped/crushed garlic
– 2 tbsp of Tandoori curry powder
– 1 tin of Finley chopped tomatoes
– half a tin of coconut milk
– 400g of chopped mushrooms
– tin of chickpeas
– 200g of chopped spinach (more or less depending on you)
1. Heat a little oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic cook on a low heat until soft and golden
2. Add the Tandoori curry powder stir in and cook for one minute – making sure not to let it stick.
3. Add the mushrooms and allow to cook until all water has gone.
4. Stir in the tomatoes and add the cocunt milk. Bring to a boil then turn down and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the spinach. After 5 minutes add the chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes until the curry slowly starts to thicken. – (add more spinach at this point if you like as the spinach will have wilted quite a lot, then allow to cook for another 5 minutes)
6. Serve with coconut rice and/or naan bread